Thursday, August 29, 2013

Bullet Points

Because my day and even my week as been like that. So here it is, in point form ;)
-right after I signed up for the triathlon in September, my kid's soccer team won their regional playoffs and are going to Provincials. On the same weekend, at the other end of the province. Complicating factors keep it real right?

-in attempt to reduce monthly bills I'm test driving a new car.  A car that is even more like what I want than the one I currently have. It's pretty and shiny and new and can save us hundreds a month. A no brainer right?
  
-trying to fit a little bit of summer into the end of the summer; the week of exhibition where the kids all showed their calves, we too the youngest to Magic Mountain in Moncton while the oldest stayed here and worked :( 

-runs are still going. Last long run was a little late in the morning again; I ran to town and met a friend for 7 km then ran to home; I started feeling a little "dark" about a km short so called for a pick up. Rather be a km short than pass out on the road. I had water, a snack, it wasn't "that" hot. Not sure what that was. 
-I tried an open water swim at the dyke the other night and couldn't swim out over the mud dark bottom.  Panic set in and I totally froze and turned back. I swam back and forth by the shore for 25 minutes, turning every time the water got a little dark. Chicken. This is not a good sign for my upcoming open lake swim I like a week. I swam at the pool last night and at least I didn't freak ;) it's not the water. I can swim. It's the dark. My mind sees sharks and dead bodies. 
-I dropped in to work today even tho I've no job yet. Every summer I'm off and have to reapply to work again :( classes start in a week and that includes a long weekend, and I've not even been hired yet :( 
-this work thing has left me a little crazy. And maybe a little cranky. 
-yesterday when I ran I felt very tight and tired in my hamstrings, so today I've rested.  I might yet run tonight but I ate and I'm sluggish so who knows. I barely slept last night.
- tomorrow I am taking my bike to Shubie Beach and biking the bike route. 

All I can put in my head right now :( 

2 comments:

Char said...

Sometimes I just have to laugh at how stupid I can be. When I was reading and scrolling through this post and got to the part about the kids showing their calves (without having seen the picture yet) I immediately thought that being summer of course they'yd be showing their calves. Didn't think for a moment that the calves you meant were the bovine ones.

Scrappytbear said...

Hilarious! I just assume....

2012 km Goal