Monday, July 4, 2011

Posting again

because freaking Blogger ate my post! the only thing I hate worse than trying to remember what I wrote is writing it again. So I'm not doing that LOL.

There isnt much to update before Sunday anyway; Thursday after the kids had their report card days at school and we had an amazing lunch at Chez Mama Barnhill's, Lavinia and I went for a very hot 10 k run up the mountain. (mountain...giggle).  It was about 23 C and It was hot! But the pace was not as fast as it could have been, and I DO love to run along listening to Lavinia talking about this and that, it's enjoyable.  It makes the gross I feel much less.  I was pretty choked by allergies and felt dizzy at one point because I could not get a deep breath, but this time of year that's pretty standard, and it passed.  A nice hot run.  Some people dont seem to mind the heat! 

Friday was rest day (unintentionally) as was Saturday; I tried really hard to mow the lawn; actually tried really hard to do a few things; the power went out so my breadmaking, ice cream making, and lunch making efforts went to hell.  Our Canada Day was fairly uneventful (Friday) with a few chores in the morning and beach in the afternoon; right after we spread our blankets the rain started, and although it stopped after about 1/2 hour, it was never really hot enough for me.  Nice tho. Restful.  Made it to a party that night for birthday/Canada Day celebrations and stayed up late singing around a fire :) Relaxing!






Sunday - Not Since Moses run!

4 comments:

Gaspegirl said...

I hate blogger issues!! There are so many of them all the time...

What happened to Miramichi... two things:

1- Chickened out a bit a go
2- Was worried because I am only running 17 minute intervals right now and did not want to be the last to cross the finish line.

I still want to do a race but I am SCARED... is that normal?

Scrappytbear said...

Yeah Im sure its normal but Im not sure you have a reliable way of measuring your progress...some people never progress beyond 10 minute intervals (by choice) so 17 minutes doesnt seem bad. And I seriously doubt you would be last. Pick a nice 5 k and just go for it.

Gaspegirl said...

Are you doing the PEI marathon/half/10K run this year?

Scrappytbear said...

I have not decided :( Totally non-commitment!

2012 km Goal