Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hippokrit

Here I am feeling annoyed that my favorite blogs don't have enough to read. I mean, they blog daily, but Im annoyed that the ones I like don't have anything new to read. Not annoyed...surprised. Bored. And Im thinking; if there are readers they should blog a few times a day. Even if they figure they need to make up funny things to write about. I am demanding LOL.  (they write lots. They dont owe anything.)
And I realise I am only writing about once a week. I get it. Im a Hypocrite.  I owe a blog post. Even if no one is reading it.

Bless me for I have forgotten, It's been 5 days since my last blog post....

I will give some Hail Mary's and a post about what's been up.

Re-read last few posts. That's what's been up.

Is it possible I just have nothing to say? I mean, everyone is saying it already!  I just write to keep track of my workouts. Which I am also still doing on the MapMyRun training log.  But sometimes I just wish I had more witty things to say.

I can always add cute photos of cute kids about to play hockey ;)

Friday morning started with Holly's hockey practice at 7 am and I think it is nice to start the day with a skate at the rink while watching the sun come up (red sky warning and all that).  We skated a lot and then I got the kids to school with their breakfast and muffins and I went to work. 
We did get the snow we were expecting last week. It snowed after school and lasted til evening, got about 3-4 inches which is just enough to make things slippy.  The cold moved in quite solidly and we had -12 for wake up weather on Saturday.  After hockey scrimmage in the morning, I took my running clothes along and was able to go right out from the rink; skipping that home step makes the run far more likely to happen.  There is something about going home that is like a black hole; I go in the house and never come out ;)
So I went right from the rinking thinking the side walks would be better than the roads; I dunno...they were pretty unpleasant!  They were cleaned up by the rink by a plow, and that left beind a bit of snow over ice; Then on the main road out they were not cleaned at all! For about a km it was full snowfall. I know, only 3-4 inches but it was smooshed about and slippery and shifty. Fun!  Then back on cleaned sidewalks, but they had been cleaned by a sweeper type cleaner, which only removes the looser snow and left behind everyone's footfalls, which were stuck to the cement. Everywhere someone stepped a couple of inches of snow remained :)  It was just so much fun. My hips ached by the time I got to the car, not to mention the cold with wind chill. I was happy to finish 9.8 km but it took 1:02:45. Ugh.

The rest of Saturday was a blur of hockey game, house cleaning, kids over, and early to bed.
Sunday morning was sluggish; I had a terrible headache, and it was worse laying down but bad sitting up.  After everyone was off to church and hockey I went out for a short run (6.5 km) up the hill and back, then ate and went to my hockey game. We lost that game but I did score a goal and it wasnt a bad game although I have a feeling the other team was just toying with us. They likely could have scored more on us.
There was no soccer this week, so after Annika's game (they won 7-2) we were able to go to Holly's game across town (they won 5-1) and then after a period of the highschool game we went home.

Monday comes too early. It's long day at work and there was no chance for a run. But I did get to skate at Annika's hockey practice so at least there was that. another early night.

Tuesday morning I was awake early. I took the kids to school and met friends for a run. We ended up, with the rain and ice and someone's wonky knee, walking a fair amount and on that ice I suspect it was a good thing.  It warmed up to about 10 C during the day and rained and rained. I saw my osteopath after work and she did something nice to me knee; it's feeling pretty good tonight.

So plans for tomorrow include an afternoon run, and work.  Not much else at the moment. The kids might have more plans ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Neat post. There is a problem along with your web site in web explorer, may check thisāļK IE nonetheless is the market chief and a good part of folks will pass over your excellent writing due to this problem.
Four Seasons 36032 Standard Relay

Anonymous said...

Keep working ,great job!
Timberland Women's Earthkeepers Mount Holly Tall Lace Duck Boot

2012 km Goal