Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Moving on....

So now into another weekend and I managed to play hockey before I hurried off to Holly's games in New Glasgow :) good games. But Sunday am I got up and ran; I first ran to work where I did a few things on the computer for students who needed results, then ran back home for lunch and a hockey game. 9.15 miles/1:37. And no pain n my foot! Nice rest and stretch in the middle likely helped.
Hockey game was a little tough tho; pretty tired.
After a bit of rest I had a soccer game and we had no spares so it was a lot of running; but we lost the game :(
Monday ended up being a rest day; Tuesday was not! Lunch time hockey game, and a 5.32 mile run (8.8 km) in 53 mins.
Wednesday was snowy and wet; kids had no school. Went for a run with someone new; a group of ladies in the area want to meet for some weekly runs and we met....1 more person! With the little bit of snow everyone else stayed home! A short 3.7 miles later we were done!
Thursday was a rest day; because i sat and watched time pass and procrastinated til it was too late to run. Friday we were leaving for the valley early as Holly had hockey Provincials :) I went out very early and ran before we left; 8.5 km again. Because I did not run the night before, I was treated to a slushy, Icey wet run. There was again no school. That should teach me not to procrastinate but it won't!
Holly's hockey was great; we had a nice visit with my brother and his family and my mother.
Between games on Saturday I decided to try a long run; Coldbrook to Berwick seemed about right. It was 16 km and a bit. I left a little late as it was my nephews birthday party; weather was nice but there was a headwind....the whole way :( at about 11 km Scott called and said the next game was about to start and suggested he come get me. While the game went on I finished running around the track in the rink; lots of pauses to watch the game :) another 7 km for 18 total. No pain.
No Sunday run, no hockey, no soccer. New week!!




3 comments:

Char said...

I see from the picture that it's still the middle of winter there. We've been having a really long summer too and I'm pretty much over it by now.

Char said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scrappytbear said...

it cannot decide if it's changing seasons yet! It snowed this morning! and was SO hot on Sunday!

2012 km Goal