Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dreadmill Run Dec 21

First day of winter came dreary, rainy, and windy :) Really windy! Since I am enjoying my free week at the gym I took the opportunity to play on the treadmill. It really is quite convenient for the tempo and speedwork runs.
Today was a tempo run and since Im really not sure what those are anymore I just did what I always do; I had 4 miles to go and I warmed up then I just increased the speed gradually for about 3/4 of the run, ran at top speed for a bit, then eased it back during the last couple of minutes for 4.15 km in 45 minutes including cooling off.  Afterwards we did a little arms and stuff....not a tonne but about half an hours worth of show and tell ;)
This afternoon I took the kids to a skating party at the rink  for 4H; it's nice for them to get to just skate and not have to be worried about practicing and playing hockey games :)

No comments:

2012 km Goal