Sunday, September 19, 2010

LSD Sunday 29 km

Not much to note; nothing happened;)
started late from Old Barns since Scott's away and the kids had to be at the church. M joined me and we started off on the trail towards the church and then headed off on Shore Road and Black Rock Road.  It was a super nice 12 km loop, I'd always avoided before because I thought it hilly.  It was really nice, quiet, not tooooo hilly, dirt road run. I loved it.

Back at thein laws house M contemplated stopping, struggling with a headache and a lot of sleepless nights.  She did take a short break and we headed back to the trail to finish the other part of the run; a rather eventless run on the trail to town and back to finish at an almost perfect 29 km. 

All in all it was a good run; we were tired at times and very thirsty despite much cooler temperatures and humidity being down.  I started a little tired; ran Thursday and Friday on hills, Saturday the girls and I volunteered at a college Cross Country meet in the park, and after walking a lot of the course and staying on our feet all day, we went shopping, then to a birthday party where we were up late giggling and reading magazines and watching kid movies :) Im tired, and sore from the hills on Friday (oh and the strides geez) And feeling sore when one starts a long run is tiring ;)

 Im concerned about my scheduling lately and being really tired.  Im getting more used to the long runs and the recovery is generally  much better than it may have been at first, but it's a lot of running. It's more than a half marathon every week!  It's hours of running each week, and a big chunk is on long run day.  And now with the working full time, and coaching the cross country team, a lot of the day is full of stuff that is active and out of the house; there is little time left for home work and house work and those poor dogs ;) It's better when Scott's around because he can help get the kids, shift them from their school to their activities, and let the dogs have more play time. 

I'm looking forward to the training program ending and running having less purpose. I know it's easier to keep running when there is a goal, but I need a break. I don't want to burn out, and I dont want to stop running.  I want to just have less pressure. And the couple of winter time runs I have planned should keep me in training; the Resolution Run and maybe the Hypothermic Half Marathon (2 hours is a long time to run in minus degrees!)

Off to get more sleep and a little more tylenol for my aching hip. ACHING.  Ugh what is that?

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Hopefully you'll bounce back soon. If it's any consolation, I always get burned out when the schedule is at its peak in difficulty! Won't be long till it's time to TAPER!! Hang in there.

Scrappytbear said...

lol thanks you are probably right! Taper soon; that's scary!

2012 km Goal