Monday, October 11, 2010

No More Long Runs






Fall colours are certainly making themselves evident here these days!  :) The park is lovely and the flowers in my yard are still happy :)
On Saturday I did a scheduled 16 km run and it's the last long run befor the Marathon.  I was thinking I should keep up a 15 to 20 km long run once the marathon is over.  Without motivation, how does one do that? lol
It wasnt bad, but a couple of things concern me.
I was tired. Im still tired.  I think I might be working off a teensy cold, but more annoying, Scott brought me lilies which sounds very very nice, a great big vase full of my fav flowers in my fav colours.
Unfortunately for me, these Flowers have made me quite miserable. If I am in the house I am stuffy and sneezy and itchy SIGH.  Im just waiting around for them to DIE :)
I've some aches and pains Im not loving :) I have pain in the OUTSIDE of my hip now (not inside where it's always been) and it runs down to my knee.  SIGH.  I only have to get throught this one week and then I can rest.

im counting on the taper to cure everything.  Im not completely confident that will happen.

Ive started the weather watch; I think it is supposed to rain next Sunday.  BRR.  October and Rain is really unpleasant.  But I hate wind more; I hate running in the wind and the wind has been blowing for weeks!  NS is in it's windy season now.  Not that the wind ever stops blowing here.

Anyway off to run now, got a Cross Country practice at the park and I have a little run to get in as well :):)

2 comments:

Ian M. said...

Weather for ch'town

Sunday
Cloudy. Low 7. High 10.

But it's early yet....

Scrappytbear said...

I see RAIN. A lot of Rain. Loads of rain. Oh and wind. Let's not forget the wind. 5 hours of running in rain and wind. LOVELY Sunday plan don't you think?
I want to check out your weather forecast. Where are you looking?

2012 km Goal